Church as we know it is having to change! People are having to keep their distances from each other, households are having to self-isolate. People are worried and stressed but in the midst of all of this is our faith. The faith that whatever happens God will be there.
Here at Holy Cross we are looking at ways of being able to reach out to and serve the community of Daventry.
Below are resources for you to use along with useful contact details at the bottom of the page
The Church is now closed until we are advised further.
The Church of England website publishes Morning and Evening prayer in both traditional and contemporary formats for you to use each day. This can be found by clicking here
If you prefer a more meditative service the Brothers at Taize are streaming a daily service at 7.30 pm. To access this you can click here
Stations of the Cross
During Holy week, you are invited to join us in walking the Via Dolorosa (The way of the Cross) by staying in and praying with us using the stations of the cross each day. Please click here to be taken to them
Summer prayer booklet
Daily prayer is a great way of connecting with God and with each other, can I suggest that at 4.00pm every day we all sit down and pray through this booklet together. It's a great way of connecting with our heavenly Father and with each other. Praying together at the same time will help us all to feel connected and will be encouragement for our faith at this difficult time.
Prayers of intercessions to use during the current situation.
Please click here to download.
Light a candle
During this time of isolating (or as someone said to me hibernations, as we will come out of this) you may want to light a virtual candle and pray for a loved one or a situation. This website allows you to light a virtual candle and put a message with it. The Candle burns for 48 hours and is available to see during this time.
Useful Contact Details
- The Lost Farm and Onley Fields farm, both doing deliveries of meat and advertised on Facebook
- Collins Fresh Produce 01604648814 or order on
Frozen homemade ready meals £5 each inclusive of home delivery:
- Day and Night Pharmacy
- Daventry Square Fish and Chip shop, Westerburg Square, Daventry are doing takeaway by phone order or in person;
- Hogs and Hops/Evergreen café – lunches delivered Friday and Saturday, evening meals other times
- Kitchen on Bowen Square, Daventry, order food for collection 10am – 2pm
- Greek food from van on corner of car place, junction of St James Street and Oxford Street, Daventry